Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ 6 computer control

Hi I have had my EQ6 for a number of years, it is one I upgraded myself and have 3.35 software, I have connected through carte du ciel  in the past but can't now, but the baud rate it would connect with was 57600 but I am not sure of the stop bits and parity and of course the com port number, I am not sure why the baud rate was so high but it would not connect with 9600 no matter what I tried, is it possible that the baud rate was set at that in the board manufacture, I am not sure how this is preset within the board or weather it is switchable with a dip switch or something, has anyone solved this same problem and if so how? And what settings were used.

Aren't communication setting described in the manual? I believe that for the SW Synscan (if that is what you have), the baudrate is set to 9600. The com port number should come up in the devices list in the control panel (Windows). (Check for the one that disappears when you disconnect.)

Hope this helps

Archived