NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Space X F1-003

blobrana

A SpaceX Falcon 1 rocket (Flight 003 mission) may launch the Trailblazer spacecraft for the U.S. Air Force Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) initiative's Jumpstart mission; a space burial payload for Celestis; and two CubeSats for ATSB of Malaysia, from Omelek Island at Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands on August 1st 2008.

The Trailblazer microsatellite, built by SpaceDev, is a technology demonstration satellite, which will be operated by the United States Air Force and MDA, and is designed for a LEO mission.

"The Jumpstart mission is an exciting and important milestone for the ORS Office. It brings together a diverse government and industry team to demonstrate numerous ORS enablers needed to bring space power to our deployed forces. The SpaceDev satellite bus is expected to be a key contributor in the responsive satellite arena and we are pleased to be their team-mate on this important mission" - Colonel Kevin McLaughlin, Director of the ORS Office.

Source

We're now 4 days away from the launch window for the Falcon 1 flight 3 vehicle, equipped with SpaceX's new Merlin 1C regeneratively cooled engine. Launch window is August 1-5, and launch will occur out of our favourite launch base in the world, Kwaj.

Read more

No reason, method or kudos,

but it helps to know what's happening around the world.

It may just be the bit of the puzzle someone is looking for.

BTW, I used to post at BAUT and sciforums, but I'm in self-imposed exile. (I was regarded as an `asset` there; well, that's what i thought they said, because of my interesting posting style.)

Archived