NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher heritage 130p

Have a skywatcher heritage 130p looking to find out what eyepieces i can buy for it got basic ones  you get with it x10 x25 and x2 barlow been looking at 8-24 mm 1.25 31.7mm zoom eyepieces dont know if its any good also have plossi 4mm plossi 40mm 

Hi Alan and a warm welcome to the SGL. When asking questions about suitable eye pieces it is always better to give an idea of the budget you have in mind. They range in price from a few pounds to many hundreds of pounds. You have a nice scope but it's short focal ratio means that some of the cheapest eye pieces may not perform well. Zoom eye pieces are ok, but you tend to have to get the more expensive ones.

A wide field 24 mm eye piece might be the best first upgrade, but as to which make, it really depends on how much you want to spend.

I have the same telescope and bought myself two Explore Scientific MaxVision eye pieces, a 24mm and a 16mm. I am very happy with both of them, much better quality than the supplied eye pieces and the 24mm has a much wider field of vision than the supplied 25mm. Each was under a hundred pounds (when I bought them) if I remember correctly and I see both of them as an investment as I am sure they will be used even if at some point i replace my 130p. Not sure if they are still available though.

Archived