NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pluto July 2006

qcdougn

Here's a two frame animation I made a couple of years ago, just a month before they down graded the status of Pluto. This capture was done with my LX-90 (8") and a Canon DSLR-350 XT. I was excited to find pluto, especially with the DSLR.

Sorry for the rocky animation. One frame was taken on

7-13-06 and the other was two days later on 7-15-06.

Doug

Y'know doug its common knowlage that

those Celestron SCTs have the edge....

But the LX90 is a cracker of a scope and you have just

proved why i cant part with mine.

Great shot and animation,Cant have been easy.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thank you for the kind remark on the image. I can't describe how excited I was to really find pluto and have evidence of it's motion.

On the LX-90: I loved my 8" scope. It was a very good one and I hated to part with it after 5-6 years. But, I was blessed to have a chance to move up in aperature and at a good price.

My astrophotography has been very sparse since I moved to a light polluted city and neighborhood. So, I went with more aperature for visual enjoyment. The new CPC-1100 is as you might say...a cracker..It really sucks in the photons...1.9x the light gathering ability of the 8". Thanks again.

Doug

Archived