NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

meade dsi

Hi there every body, a friend has just loaned me a meade dsi to help introduce me to the basics of ccd imaging, which I have been lead to believe is 10 years old but is brand new out of the box so to speak and has never been used !

I have installed the software from the disk and plugged the camera in in the right order etc but absolutely nothing seems to happen, just the little bleep you get when you plug something into the usb slot ! even the software doesn't look like the pictures in the help files ? I have even upgraded the software to the new envisage stuff. I am using a win 8.1 laptop. its says the driver has been installed but I am not convinced. after a visit to the meade web site I went to the cyanogen (I think that's what its called) for what meade calls the driver for deleted and old software etc but my virus software keeps saying its doggy and will not let me download it, there is no over ride button either :( 

has any one got any ideas please.

Carl.

Don't bother using any of the Meade software apart from the drivers which get installed when you load in all the envisage stuff. Use an Ascom aware bit of software for image acquisition, like APT. The Meade DSI should appear as an option when you choose the camera from the drop down. I have used one in the past, they are nice little cameras and make excellent guide cams too when you decide to upgrade.

Archived