If you go on google chrome, and paste this link in, the vid should start.

Look closely on the left hand side middle top of the vid, you will see a small white dot moving from left to right. Keep your on that dot its about to get zapped.

Ok Maybe not, but its a unlikely line of sight effect.  Possibly a plane or bright satellite ? What are the chances that such a line of sight effect would happen I wonder. Not much I wouldn't have thought. Maybe I should start doing the lotto. Its even more remarkable from the point of view that the still is showing two frames for the meteor, the first frame clearly shows our line of site, puts the object directly under the meteor :happy9:

Though of course its likely miles away. I think I can just see it after the meteor strike, Phew that was close captain :icon_biggrin: There's a hot pixel on the vid, I will do a dark frame next time, As Altiarcapture has live dark frame subtraction built in. very handy.  I should have realized doing slower exposures that they might appear. Hopefully this link will work or everyone will be wondering what the heck I am going on about.  Taken in a brightening morning sky

file:///C:/Users/Kathy/Downloads/star_wars0000_ulrg.webp

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz m1.png

zzzzzzzzzzz m2.png

Archived