HEQ5 foldable

lux eterna

My current car does not need this mod, since I can store the tripod and mount assembled in upright position with just a couple of tie-downs. It´s a real time saver to just unhook the straps and carry out mount & tripod ready for use. But then I have been thinking of maybe getting a more "normal" car, and how should I arrange the transport for my astro excursions then ? Disassemble, have a separate box/bag for the mount ? There is no technical challenge in that, is it ? That is how the foldable HEQ5 came to life. I already had the white wooden riser block seen in the pictures, it´s made from three layers of a kitchen bench board. The purpose with that was to raise the mount/scope in order to provide more space and longer time before my dslr crashes into the tripod legs. Now I saw that it just needed a hinge to make it foldable. I just have to secure the mount with a wing screw before loading in the car.

heq5_1.jpg

Archived