SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 and M92 100mm widefield

I was trying some widefield in full moon last night and thought I would post the result. :eek:

M13 is a third of the way up up, half way across, and M92 is in the top right corner, surrounded by coma!

I took 24 X 4 min exposures. Mix of iso 800 and 400, F 6.3, 100mm (100-300 zoom), Canon 100D. tracked on EQ5 pro.

Stacked in DSS and processed in PS.

M13 and M92 widefield.png

Nice wide field.

I am viewing this on my mobile device and it looks like there is chromatic abberation. You can try to reduce this by splitting the stacked linear image in its rgb components than reregister and combine the channels again. It's a straight forward process in PixInsight, but I don't know the proper procedure in dss/ps

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Nice wide field.

I am viewing this on my mobile device and it looks like there is chromatic abberation. You can try to reduce this by splitting the stacked linear image in its rgb components than reregister and combine the channels again. It's a straight forward process in PixInsight, but I don't know the proper procedure in dss/ps

Your right. I used camera raw filter in PS and removed it.

M13 and M92 widefield.jpg

Much better.

M13 was resolved pretty well at this FL, but unfortunately M92 is still in coma. I think that if you had moved the camera more to the left, M92 would show better, but you would have lost detail in M13. There's probably not much you can do about this. Other than shoot both at a longer FL and do a mosaic of course.:tongue2:

Archived