Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Next beginner project - Crescent / NGC6888

aparker

Having spent a few nights worth on M27, I've decided to move on to a new project.  I was able to get a hour's worth on the Crescent last night before the need for sleep overtook me.  Seeing was marginal at best - I really need to start working at a shorter FL, as 1300mm is terribly susceptible to less-than excellent seeing.  I did just 60 sec subs, and this turned out to be a good idea, as I had to discard the worst 25% of them.  If I had gone to 3-5 minutes, probably the seeing and occasional gusty wind would have ruined every one.

So this is 45 minutes worth in H-alpha; scope is a C8 EdgeHD with Optec reducer.

crescent_45min.jpg

Any and all suggestions welcome.  I plan to come back to this to collect at least a couple more hours of decent exposures; longer ones if I can get a night where the seeing will allow it.

Archived