Pentax K-1 Milky Way

Hi all, I've just joined the forum after it was recommended by a friend. Anyway, 2 days after getting my Pentax K-1, I found myself on holiday in Tenerife. I found out about Teide National Park while I was there, so I grabbed a hire car and headed up. Here are some images I took whilst there. They are all 120 second single images (apart from the last one which has a badly blended foreground!) with the Astrotracer function turned on. Iso 1600 and f3.5. The last one shows my wife 'keeping me company'! Anyway, hope you like them. I'm very impressed with the camera. Lens is a D-FA 24-70 at 24mm 

PSX_20160630_110526.jpg

PSX_20160701_172224.jpg

IMGP0755-2.jpg

IMGP0768.jpg

17 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. Lovely images. Bring back happy memories of my visit to Tenerife in February..

Thanks for the welcome. Teide was amazing, I wish now I'd gone back for a second night! How cold was it in Feb?

9 minutes ago, Tzitzis said:

Holy cow! Dude! Awesome images!

Cheers! This was my first proper go with camera. I'm dying to get out again when the skies clear.

4 hours ago, wimvb said:

Amazing images. Especially considering these were single shots. How much processing did you do afterwards?

Thanks. Here is one of the originals off the camera. The main adjustments were a bit of de-haze and an increase in exposure

IMGP0772.JPG

Archived