NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Photography

I have a Meade ETX 125 CE scope and there is at the back an attachment for a 35mm camera, I do not have a 35mm but I do have one of these http://www.ukdigitalcameras.co.uk/__4_prod3_asp2_1_i4_42511_125_Sony_Cybershot_T70_Silver7.html is is it possible with I dont know some kind of adapter to use this camera? I know Im probably grasping at straws but thought theres no harm in asking. Also I think that I can somehow attach the scope to my computer but the connection I got with the scope does not fit on my laptop, is it possible to get another connection that will fit into a laptop?

hi piper to answer your question re the camera you can get an adapter that will hold your camera against the eyepiece attached to your telescope but I'm not sure just how good the images will be as your liable to get distortion occurring ( vignetting ) but nothing to loose by giving it a go also those type of camera's don't have an open shutter option for long exposure so you will be limited in what type of objects you can photograph if you really want to get into astrophotography save up for either a digital SLR or some kind of adapted webcam like the Phillips spc 900n or the Phillips toucan pro a pre converted one will cost approx £100.00 regards Peter

Many thanx Peter, I shall try what you suggested if I ever get a night without clouds, as for getting an slr I just bought my Sony so dont think my wife would be entirly pleased at me buying another so soon, have to save my pocket money I think, I will at some stage like to get some good pix but in the meantime I shall just have to be patient.

Archived