NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PegasusAstro motor focuser stepper controller

Hi All,

just wanted to give a thumbs up to the guys at Pegausus Astro in Greece, for the fantastic stepper controllers they supply, comes with a rotary encoder manual control on the box which is just like turning the actual focus knob, also have a computer control programme and Ascom driver.

if you press the encoder knob it reduces the speed to a tenth of normal speed for very very fine focus.

i had this one specially commissioned to have a switch on the side (5v or 12v) so it can be used with either a Feathertouch or Starizona stepper motor as they are 5v motors, it normally is just a 12v controller.

comes with all cables and a temperature compensation probe too.

it has the normal Robofocus compatible Pinout, so will work with all the common stepper motors out there.

another superb feature with this controller is it also will control a DC motor too, with the flick of a switch on the side, it turns the output into a DC outputs by sending 12v + - down pins 1 and 2 of the serial port, so multi purpose, and you can use the same software to control with a simulated step control, similar to the Hitecastro DC controller, only this has many more features and is cheaper too.

i also got one of there 12v stepper motors too for my second scope, and that works beautifully, with micro stepping and over 5000 Steps per Rev of the output shaft.

for the whole kit including all cables and there stepper motor and bracket, and the 5v and 12v switch mod,  it was approx £225 delivered.

take a look at there website here:

http://pegasusastro.com

Archived