Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 6633 widefield.

Slapped the jolly old 450D on the GoTo mount last night and sent it on a widefield tour.

Having now seen the results I clearly neglected to line it up properly! :lol: Still,I'll have something to do over the next 1001 cloudy nights trying to work out what appears in the images! :lol:

The file size produced by the 450D at 12 megapixels is quite daunting when your intended subject is quite small and doesn't appear where expected. :scratch:

I eventually found NGC6633 in the bottom right hand corner of the full frame ,an insignificant little group of stars that don't exactly leap out of the image.

I did come across a satellite or meteor streak though which is good. :)

Here are a couple of the crops,one showing the 'streak' with the actual subject tucked away at the bottom and the second shows NGC6633 enlarged.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

You tell that Astometry bloke he's got it wrong this time. :)

M16 was below the roof/ tree line from my site at the time.

Just checked the web for pictures of NGC6633 which are few and far between but I found this which although on a different scale is a fairish match.

Cheers

CW

Ooops! Think I owe an apology here,themos. :oops:

Been checking iphoto and this images is timed at 00:43 this morning........... M16 would have been up and running.

When you have a spare moment would it be possible for you to check the full frame as downloaded from the camera,just to be sure,(compressed copy attached) with Astrometry,I cannot get a download on the Mac.

I thought I was joking when I said I'd be spending 1001 nights sorting out what was which. :)

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Archived