NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

GSO 260mm RCT and Astro-Physics CCDT67

ian_bird

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of the following combination?

GSO 250mm RCT. Tip-Tilt plate (15mm backfocus). Feathertouch Focuser. Astro-Physics CCDT67 0.67 reducer. SX AO-LF. SX-OAG.
SX-FW. Atik 4000 (Or any non SX camera).

Would love to hear if anyone has ever got something like this going. I have all of the above kit (aquired over the years)
but have never tried to put it together.

As far as my calculations go - I figure I will run out of in-focus around 22mm short of the focus point.

Anyone else tried this? Or anything like it?

I saw that someone suggested putting the AO-LF in front of the reducer - but in my case that doesn't really help me - as it adds backfocus. As it stands - I was intending to have the reducer mounted up inside the drawtube so it doesn't use up any backfocus.

Anyone tried this combo?

Cheers

Ian

Just to clarify - I know the reducer to CCD distance. Ideally 85mm. If I put all of the above behind it I am at 102mm - but all that does is change the reduction factor and increase the in-focus required. And it is the latter (in-focus) that I run out of.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Ian

Archived