SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Connectring a SW 9x50 Finderscope to a Camera Tripod Ballhead

Yes, it seems a weird question on first look (probably still will in a minute too) but I have been trying to find a way to attach my 9x50 finderscope directly to my Star Adventurer, ideally via the ballhead but maybe attached to the telescope bracket? I have been impressed with the EAA pictures others have received with the Lodestar X2 attached to a finderscope and it seemed easier to mount it to my SA or camera tripod directly, rather than lugging out my 130P/EQ2.  However I cannot find any adapter to connect a SW QR bracket to a tripod screw nor a Finderscope Mount with such a screw fitting at any of the usual suspects (FLO, TS.DE, STL@eBay etc).

Astr

45 minutes ago, DorsetBlue said:

Yes, it seems a weird question on first look (probably still will in a minute too) but I have been trying to find a way to attach my 9x50 finderscope directly to my Star Adventurer, ideally via the ballhead but maybe attached to the telescope bracket? I have been impressed with the EAA pictures others have received with the Lodestar X2 attached to a finderscope and it seemed easier to mount it to my SA or camera tripod directly, rather than lugging out my 130P/EQ2.  However I cannot find any adapter to connect a SW QR bracket to a tripod screw nor a Finderscope Mount with such a screw fitting at any of the usual suspects (FLO, TS.DE, STL@eBay etc).

Astroboot have finder brackets for £1.50 just screw that to the QR plate for your ball head.

13 minutes ago, John78 said:

Astr

Astroboot have finder brackets for £1.50 just screw that to the QR plate for your ball head.

Cannot see anything suitable on there at the moment, searching for 'finder' and 'bracket'?

Archived