Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 and faint NGC 5422/5474 with Equinox 80

Dannyefc87

First real astro image with a respectable amount of data/darks/flats and bias (other attempts have been quite short exposures compared to this one) a little over processed IMO but best I can manage with my very limited skills ha. Any advice/constructive criticism is very welcome. 

M101 and friends - SW Equinox 80, Canon 100d, HEQ5 Pro, Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop CC

134 x 60 second exposures - 20 darks - 20 flats - 10 bias

m101edit1crop.thumb.jpg.44bb91d64abc27ed

Thx for looking.

Danny

Very nice image, with a good amount of detail in the galaxies arms.

The background seems to have a green cast. If you were using PixInsight, I would suggest using SCNR noise reduction. In PS you probably have to work with colour balance to minimise this.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for the input :)  I'm still trying to get to grips with the processing. I know there's a lot more detail to be had out of these subs but turning it into an image is beyond me at the moment, but as they say practise makes perfect.

Archived