Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bad situation, but a chance to start again...

FireForEffect

Well,

It's been a rough few weeks with a financial/family emergency and unfortunately the CPC had to go.

Still not great money-wise but I figured a little 'extra' in a re-finance and I have around £1000 - 1200 to spend on kit for which I won't be able to upgrade for a few years so I'd appreciate any feedback offered.

After experience of a 6" Newt, an ETX90, and up until recently a CPC 800 - I'm very interested in buying a WO Megrez 88 (or 90) as I've never gone down the refractor route and WO buld quality looks stunning (may have to go lower spec in order to get everything though).

I've only really touched on imaging from a totally novice angle and I've recently bought a 450D so would like to expand on this as a way of actually seeing what I couldn't do visually through my CPC.

Mounts - wise, It's either a NEQ3 or a HEQ5 Pro so far (not sure if the 5 is overkill for the scope and camera though, and the 3's going to be a fair bit cheaper and more portable?).

Just not too sure what to do - New Scope Fever has set in and judgment's going out the window so I'd appreciate any opinions.

Cheers,

FFF.

If you can afford it, the EQ5 will hold that scope like a rock, and if you decide to get a larger scope later on, it will hold that, too. Otherwise, if you can try before you buy, that would be a good thing, but I don't think you can go far wrong with either of those scopes.

Still, if I were in that situation, I would lean towards a smaller SCT, just for the aperture.

erm, I just happen to know somebody with a HEQ5, as new, 6 months old, that is up for sale.

First refusal is promised to somebody, but its not definite by any means.

As for accuracy, the heq5 PRO, seemed to hold my setup up and track a lot better than my eq6 pro does. :?

Just PM for details.

You are right about the WO quality too.

Cheers

TJ

Archived