NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reducer for Quark Chromosphere ?

prokyon

Hi folks,

I have a Quark Chromosphere and I am very happy with it. I use it in combination with a 80/480 APO. For photography I use the DMK21. Now my question: I want to make pictures of the full globe. A reducer could be the solution. Does anybody use a reducer, the 0.5x Antares for example or this one: http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p676_TS-Optics-TSRED051-Focal-reducer-0-5x---1-25-inch-filter-thread.html

Your opinions would be appreciated.

Regards

Werner

Hi, Werner.

I use my Quark with scopes of 480 and 880 f/l. The inbuilt Barlow effect of the Quark does bring its challenges, I am visual only so cannot comment on that aspect, but I use the TS reducer, as in your link, and find it works well in producing a full disc. I'm pretty sure it will achieve what you are looking for.

I would never be comfortable with it being before the filter in the optical train, mind you ... Forgive me if that seems obvious, but better safe, etc.

Archived