Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New PixInsight Tutorial on Producing an HDR Image

Read here: http://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorial-producing-an-hdr-image.html

This tutorial goes over the procedure to produce an HDR image out of multiple images stacked from exposures captured with different lengths. This technique is particularly useful for targets such as M42 Orion Nebula and M31 Andromeda Galaxy, reproducing detail across bright and faint regions all the same. The processes used are HDRComposition and HDRMultiscaleTransform.

Excellent tutorial!   It's come at just the right time for me because I have HDR data for M42 and although I've used HDRComposition, I haven't tried the HDRMultiscaleTransform yet.  I agree with you that for your particular example, 7 layers gives a much more pleasing result than 5.  I often see some very aggressive and unpleasant looking images resulting from the HDRMultiscaleTransform (including my own first attempt) and to be honest that put me off using it at all.

Thanks

Mark

Archived