Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick observation with 50mm

Aussie Dave

Just before going to bed tonight I noticed a few bright objects in the sky. I quickly grabbed the Tasco Galaxsee 50mm refractor, Hybrid mirror diagonal and an old Skywatcher 20mm 1.25" Plossl eyepiece.

Jupiter was putting on a good show as always towards the North, swung around to the East and saw Saturn for the first time for this year. Another object East North East which could well be a star and another bright object towards the West, not sure what that was either. Last was a few nice nebs along the Milky Way and a couple of open star clusters.

It seemed like a very good night for imaging but with a big day at work tomorrow, I settled for 15 good minutes of visual. A really nice night with little wind, I wish I had more time tonight.

Yes Stephen, Saturn I think is getting higher every week and I can't wait to do some imaging on it. Jupiter seems to be getting better every week too and higher in the sky. At about 3am here Jupiter is at about 70 degrees above the Northern horizon.

I'm hoping Jupiter will be getting higher in the sky and in a couple of months I might start imaging Saturn seriously for the first time.

It's all looking good.

Archived