Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Forcing A Webcam Past It's Limits, Black Live View

Aussie Dave

Hi all. I'm hoping there's a webcam PC wiz here to help out with an issue I've encountered tonight.

I've started using VidCap tonight with my old Logitech C100 CMOS webcam and it's the only capture software that I've come across so far that can push the frame rate past 30 fps for a standard webcam. I've set VidCap to 60 fps max which the webcam seems to handle. It's recording 640 x 480 at 59 fps but the live view on my notebook goes to a black screen when recording.

I've pointed the webcam when recording at an inside light globe and still nothing on live view. I've checked the recorded video and it does in fact capture the light at 59 fps. When it's not recording video I do get light on the live view capture window.

My question is, is this a processing issue with my small notebook? Do I need a proper laptop, duel core, quad core, more RAM, a decent video card to solve this problem?

Archived