Cheap binocular adaptor for a tripod

leo82

Hi all,

I thought I would share this cheap idea with you. Even though you can pick the adaptors up quite cheap, you don't know the quality until they arrive and you also have to wait a couple or three days for them to arrive.

First of all you will need a pair of binoculars and a tripod (obviously).

Extra materials you will need are the bolt that is on the tripod, usually it screws into a cameras base (this bolt you should already have).

An m6 x 20mm bolt, washer and nut (I used a wing nut) costs peanuts from a hardware store, I already had these.

An L bracket £1.95 from the famous diy store. It already has holes in it so it is fully adjustable.

Take the bolt that is already on the tripod off and thread it through a hole on the L bracket and screw into the binoculars (This bolt is quite short but seems to fit the binoculars perfectly). The base on my tripod has a quick release system that comes off. I then take the bolt off of that.

Now thread the m6 bolt into the tripod from underneath and through the L bracket. Put on the washer and nut on and tighten up.

Use whichever holes you want to to make it comfortable for you.

It really is simple, cheap and takes 5 minutes to do.

I hope this helps. I now get a steady view of the night sky instead of a wobbly, fuzzy, unfocused view due to the shakes I get trying to hold binoculars.

post-47654-0-55053500-1452170030_thumb.j

Archived