NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS incompatibility error !

Hi All

I am new to mono LRGB imaging and I am currenty trying to stack some LRGB data in DSS.

The problem is that although I have successfully stacked and calibrated my luminance subs,  I get an error message from DSS when I attempt to do this for the RG and B subs .  The error states that the checked pictures are not compatible (width height number of colours number of channels, only one master dark, offset and flat ) !  

I suspect that this may be something to do with the fact I used 2x2 binning for these.  When I remove the darks and bias frames from the list the error message does not appear !  

Has anyone else come across this ?   Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here and do I need to need to use another set of darks and bias frames which I need to take using 2x2 binning to achieve compatibility ?

Thanks for any information

Cheers

Ian

Ah well - nothing like solving your own problems.  Just did 2x2 darks and bias frames and DSS sprang into action with no error message !

It does mean when you change the binning of the RGB subs there are a number of implications.

Archived