Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nexremote - confused

Poynder

Hi

I'm a beginner so please excuse stupid questions.

These are just general questions, still getting very confused with all the tech talk etc.

Is Nexremote available in the UK, if so what does it do that a starsense does not do.

How much would it cost and I am assuming I need special cables to attach it to my Laptop [uSB only] and to the Nexstar mount.

Cheers all.

I don't have Celestron kit, but this is what I believe Nexremote and Starsense do.

Starsense automates the alignment of you mount even more than the alignment procedures built into the handset.

Once your mount is aligned, either using the handset or Starsense, the Nexremote software then allows you to control your mount from a laptop.

Both are available in the UK from Celestron stockists, about £220 for Starsense, about £90 for the Nexremote software, RS232 to USB converter, and cable.

Regarding Nexremote, this is where my ignorance of Celestron shows, as with most other brands of mount, you buy the right cable for a few quid, and load Cartes du Ciel or Stellarium onto your laptop for free.

Michael

Archived