AVX handset problem

Loeina

I recently got a Celestron C( on the AVX mount and everything looked fine when I powered the scope up at home in a bright apartment but when I got out and powered the mount up the controller was next to useless due to the rolling text. The letters didnt have time to fully dim before the next letter took its place, making it look like 2 letters occupied the same position. Anyone else had this problem? I was able to do the star align but only because i knew from watching videos on how to do it. Might be worth mentioning that this problem only happened when the text was rolling. 

Adjusting the scroll rate is covered in the manual http://www.firstlightoptics.com/manuals/Advanced_VX-Manual-F.pdf

"The “Hand Control” menu allows you to customize certain features of the NexStar+ hand control. To access this menu, press the MENU button (#7 on the keypad) and use the scroll buttons to select “Hand Control” and press ENTER. Use the scroll buttons to select from the following options:

• Lights Control: Independently adjust the brightness of the number keypad and the LCD.

Scrolling Menu: Adjust how fast words move across the face of the LCD."

page 18 from the link

Archived