1100d mod-----blue ribbon not lock

MickdeHun

Hi everyone,

just finised the filter mod on my 1100d....put it back all and the blue ribbon from the display won't lock in the main pcb's socket....sliping out. I have diplay, but no menu control.

Is there a 'trick' to lock the ribbon? I stopped trying fear to break off.

Thanks for any help.

Mick

The 1100D is very awkward connecting to the back.  Make sure the ribbon cable is pushed right in before re-clamping the clip - the ribbon cables have a tendency to catch on one side or the other.  Oh and make sure the clip is in the open position before inserting the ribbon.  You need to be very careful with these clips as they are easily broken.  Toothpicks are useful for pushing the ribbon connectors into their sockets using the little holes for the purpose.   Hope that helps.  Good luck :)

Thanks Gina, did all that. I think the socket not 'jamming' the ribbon. I'll try to 'shim' see if that help with the contact.

For work, I making and design PCBs with SMD parts small as 0603 but how fragile this ribbons and sockets parts is a worry...

Mick

Well, I removed the display and switch pcb.... want to do a Peltier true the back LCD window anyhow,  so no big loss.

But, using BackyardEOS I set to 'M' and control stuck at Tv mode. I can't set exp time...only in Tv mode.

Tried to reconnect, battery removed...etc. Nothing work. (O/S Win7)

Do I need to reconnect the switchboard and do some setting in the camera before connect to BEOS?

Mick

Archived