NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Morpheus EPs

Hi,

I've been looking at availing myself of a nice high power eyepiece as a Christmas present to myself. My only EP is a low power 28mm LET.

I don't wish to keep chopping and changing EPs so I am considering the Baader Morpheus range as they also have an M43 photographic thread. I will at some point (next year) most likely get a medium power EP as well.

Anyway, I'm in two minds whether or not to go for the 4.5mm or 6.5mm Morpheus. I've read a review by BillP here http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/250654-review-of-the-baader-morpheus-eyepieces/  which stated that the 4.5 had a bit of edge of field brightening otherwise it was fine. This has slightly put me off, however I'm wondering if I'm perhaps reading too much into it? Like reading a criticism in a review of an expensive car when the majority of people drive a cheap car.

Thoughts?

Archived