Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

seeing at last

well last night wasnt exactly expected to be a good night for viewing. the sky was full of stratus cloud most of the day and like most of you probably do - i peek out of the back door now and then in case a star happens to be appear. to my surprise not only were a few stars out, i could see more than i had ever seen by eye and there was a near full moon like a floodlight. however, armed with my CLS filter i did some scanning- no time for a goto set up as i was up early - and must have seen thousands of stars!

wherever the eyepiece stopped i could make out lots of stars and i wasnt even dark adapted and working in full moon - i cant wait for new moon or a dark site as the viewing has certainly got me hooked on whats out there :shocked:

Steve

Wow Steve, it sounds like your transparency was nearly perfect! I hope it happens again when there's no lunar interference.. the stars seem so close you'll find yourself reaching out to pluck them from the sky. :shocked:

Archived