NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser MC-127 Maksutov Collimation Adjusters

Paz

I'm getting to know the Bresser MC-127 Maksutov and one thing the manual doesn't tell you is how to adjust the collimation. I'm not planning on adjusting it but I'm interested to know how everything works.

In the first photo you can see three single-nut holes and three slots with two nuts inside them around the back. The single nuts look like they are just to hold the back on, but I can't tell which of the two nuts within the slots are for adjusting collimation (or maybe both have some role to play?), and I don't want to guess!

The second photo shows a close up of the inner and outer 2 nuts in one of the slots.

Does anyone know?

post-44040-0-25196200-1447976420_thumb.j

post-44040-0-23944200-1447976604_thumb.j

• 3 years later...

I never found anything about the Bresser maksutov and collimating it, but I read about another make where one screw is a locking screw and the other is an adjusting screw and that would make sense with the Bresser.

In practice I've never needed to adjust the collimation so I've not tried.

Archived