NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dark Site Info

Hey all....

Quick question to our friends over the pond. Does anyone know of any good dark sky sites in the Charleston area?

May have to spend 8 weeks over there next may on a course and will be looking to get some sky time. Will be wide field stuff as no way can I take over any other gear

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No direct experience, there is a club at Summerville about 40Km up I26. Sure I read of another a bit further up I26 but cannot find it now.

There is Francis Marion National Pk NE and 2 lakes sort of NNE from Charleston any of those I would expect to be dark - the lakes probaly have parking areas that you could use.

Enjoy the weather over there, it can be "odd" as in 100% humidity is normal and storms that have you running for cover/safety.

I was in Atlanta, Georgia for 3 months and weather was best described as weird, very weird.

Archived