Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altiar Planostar flattener & filters?

I have an Altair Astro 80mm Apo on order, and the matching 1.0x Planostar flattener too.

The way it all hooks up seems to be:

- The flattener screws onto the back of the focuser
- The back of the flattener is threaded with M48, which screws into a M48/Canon adapter
- The M48/Canon adapter screns into the DSLR.

This all looks fine, since the flattener needs 55mm to the CCD, and the DSLR body (45mm) and M48/Canon adapter (10mm) provide this.

But the question is - does anybody who owns this setup know if I can put a standard 2" filter anywhere into this train?
It looks like there's no room between flattener and DSLR. And since the flattener isn't push-fit, I'm not sure there'll be an option to the front of it either.

Thanks,
Martin.

• 4 years later...

Hi

I’m in the exact same position. I thought there was a thread on the inside of the 1.0x flattener which allowed you to screw the filter in there and then you screw the flattener onto the focuser. But whilst there is a thread in there I cannot for the life of me screw a 2” filter to it at all. 

B0EE14AE-07CC-47E8-8EA0-140D006B32EE.jpeg