NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

source for raw data files

wimvb

Just found a site which has raw image files for people to process.

http://www.rawastrodata.com/

It is a repository/gallery with some very cool images and all the raw files you'd need to reproduce them (lights, darks, flats, dark flats, plus masterbias)

All kinds of targets, and as far as I can judge, excellent quality. Ready to be played with.

I downloaded a stacked TIF of M42 to test in Pixinsight. As I am new to astrophotography, my subs aren't nearly as good as I'd want them, and now I can learn to process with quality material, rather than my own (generally still mediocre) material.

This way I can seperate the shooting from the processing.

I'm just concerned with one thing; I couldn't find who the owner of the site is. Even image ínformation didn't show any ownership, which I find strange. However, I find it unlikely that the files are infected in some way. But:

Always be careful with anything you download from the "interweb"

Thanks!  I'm new to processing as well and after following some tutorials would like to put it to work while it's cloudy -  I don't have enough quality data yet to really process mine too much! :)  If anyone else has any links or can verify the above is "safe", that would be great...

Archived