Baader modified Canon eos 700D

nephilim

After over a year away from the forum (fed up with countless cloudy skies & futile attempts at AP with basic equipment) i've decided to get back into it with more realistic expectations. Im lucky enough to have dark skies where i live & the milky way is eaily visible with the naked eye. Im wanting to take widefield photos of starfields & looking at the cheapastro website im thinking of the camera in the the title above. Firstly, would this be agood choice & secondly, with it been daytime & AP modified does it really perform well with both. Thanks. Steve

Hi Steve, not sure if it's of any help but I brought a brand new unmodded 700d the other day and managed to get this shot and a few others on just a fixed tripod. I've tweaked it slightly in Adobe Lightroom. Single 20sec exposure @iso 800. Not sure about modded cameras being good for daytime photography though.

Paul

Hi Steve, not sure if it's of any help but I brought a brand new unmodded 700d the other day and managed to get this shot and a few others on just a fixed tripod from my back garden. I've tweaked it slightly in Adobe Lightroom. Single 20sec exposure @iso 800. Not sure about modded cameras being good for daytime photography though.

Paul

Thanks for the reply. Nice detail for a 20sec sub. With a normal modded dslr the ir filter is taken out so it gathers more Ha data but with daytime photography the image is left looking very red. The Baader ICF filter replaces the ir filter so it can be used for AP & daytime photography. Im not sure how it works so was wondering if anyone has used a camera with this mod. Good luck with the AP Radders ur off to a good start.

Archived