NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 6380 - Globular Cluster

jsmoraes

It is a very difficult object to photograph. Very faint by dust, with reddish color. Also called as Tonantzintla 1, Ton 1, or Pismis 25M. 

There are few images by others peoples in Internet. Some photos:

And this fantastic, amazing, wonderfull image:

The image is soft because of seeing, I had around 25% of Moon and a thin high clouds, like fog. I needed to stretch it very very very much to show the cluster. I needed to process very very very hard to give some appearance of stars inside the cluster. And with all this generating many many many noises from sharp tools, with many many many work to denoise after.

It was a hard work. As said, a very difficult object to photograph with a stock color Canon..

It seems that fhere is a planetary nebula near the bright star ... or it is only reflexion ... (in Hubble type image ?!?).

note: the fantastic, amazing and wonderful Hubble image of this cluster is actualy by link:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/NGC_6380_hst_11628_R814B555.png

Click on the photo to see with 6,021 × 6,026 pixels, file size: 13.48 MB

Here we have the CR2 file converted to JPG with no graphic processing:

post-43725-0-54946500-1443281832.jpg

And the file Autosave.tif from DSS with no other graphic processing than stacking. The image has linear curve.

post-43725-0-20794000-1443281960.jpg

Both are crop from full resolution and size from Canon T3. Take out  the cluster from it was very hard anim_working.gif

Archived