NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher skyliner 250 help please.

Good luck with the eyepiece. As for the filters, I asked the same question as well. I was told to get the UHC first, cos it's more of a general filter, then the O-III. There is a difference in quality, and price. There's cheapish ones by sky watcher for about £40, but I think it's worth saving a couple of extra week and and getting a lumicon of a Astonomix. These run at about £90. A lot of money for a small object, but you only buy it once.

Good luck, Tony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good call. There is no rush. The old saying "Buy slower & better. Or, faster and twice!" is very very true when it comes to astronomy.

The "which one first?" Discussion is an old one". UHC will show improvements on more targets that you can see. The OIII will show some targets that are invisible without a filter. I got the UHC first then the OIII. There is no right or wrong in this discussion. Either is a good. But whilst the Veil complex is in the sky, for me, it is OIII first every time.

Have a quick search on UHC vs OIII. By the time that you have read the multiple threads, you will be able to afford both!!!!

Paul

Hi Tony I had one delivered yesterday but it was very cloudy last night so sneaked out this morning before work but wasn't much better. Waited for a break in the cloud and managed to see m42/43 and the moon did a quick comparison with standard ep and it's a lot sharper. Quite happy with it and glad I bought it. I'd love too try one of those really expensive ones they must be like watching HD compared to ours which just makes me think wow..!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

You got it quick. I'm sure you'll see some great things with it when you get some good skies, but M42 is a pretty good start.

Looks like another clear night here, so I'll be going out again later.

Tony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived