SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Telescopes.com

Ccolvin968

So my first impression of this company isn't the greatest.

I ordered a Zhumell Z10 Dob on Sunday, and the website states that it will ship the next business day if an order is placed prior to 12:00PM CST during the week, or ordered on the weekend. I only received an auto generated email stated that my order had been received. As of 12:00AM CST Monday, my account had been debited in the full amount, and it wasn't a hold on the money, it was an actual charge. I called this morning, (Tuesday, 18 August 2015) to get any kind of update on my order. The customer service rep was very friendly, so I commend them for that. I had asked for an update, and they said that nothing has been shipped and that my account hadn't been charged because of that. (Which it had.) He then said that there *SHOULD* be tracking available on it by the end of the night and if not tomorrow. I'm sorry, but if the company advertises that it'll ship next business day, then it should. To my area, it says 3-5 business days total after the order is received. At this point, I'll be very shocked if they hit the 3-5 day mark since I placed the order. Customer service, I'll give a 4/5 stars. The rep was very friendly, and didn't get the slightest bit rude with all of my questions. I give it four though for him trying to tell me my bank hadn't charged me yet, then changing it after I said it had been to "it's only a hold on your account..." I won't bother commenting on the shipping at this point. I haven't received the scope yet, and they didn't ship it when they said they would. Hopefully they redeem themselves on that side of things. I'm a little disappointed so far. I've heard nothing but good things about their shipping and customer service. Even a Zhumell Z12 getting to my area, FREE shipping in less than 3 days after the order was placed. I guess there's always a bad egg in the lot right? I'll post an update as soon as I get more info on shipping and once it arrives.

Archived