NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick first light with XLT-150

mik

Hi managed to get out this evening for about an hour with the aim to check out the XLT-150 after placement of the tripod and mount onto the patio whilst leaving the OTA on the patio table to help cool down i managed to get about 30 mins observing after the interuption from a call center :x on the phone.not alot of time left at this stage but managed a peep at Saturn with the supplied 25mm eyepeice so a very small but pleasing view,not alot to report at this stage but collimination seemed ok out of the box but not perfect and the supplied eyepeice seemed pretty well built and of average performance.I have a small shed flat packed at the moment to store all this stuff in and house my old desktop i will have to build this through the summer to enable quicker setup for the time being i will observe with my ZS66 on the CG-4 whilst i stripdown and regrease the 150 focuser and apply some flocking to the tube ready for the winter.

So all in all very pleased with the purchase.

Mick. ;)

Archived