NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone using a Celestron Edge Scope?

I have been enjoying my 80mm Triplet Refractor but now i would like something bigger for both Planetary and DSO.  I have done a lot of reading and wonder if the Celestron Edge SCT is what I want?  The Edge 9.25 telescope on a CGEM mount seems like a manageable system to load in my car to take to my "dark spot."  The price seems reasonable for a decent Astrograph quality instrument.  Any opinions on this set-up?

• 2 months later...

I've just started Astronomy and astrophotography and have a Celestron CGEM EDGE HD 8". I use a 0.7x focal reducer and a Canon60D and have been really pleased with the photographs I've been getting from it.  I run pHD and Nebulosity to control both the tracking and acquiring images so I can spend time 'learning' the sky while taking multiple long exposures.

Thanks for the comment fielderda.  I bought the Edge 9.25 and it's been cloudy ever since!  Finally tonight the skies were clear.  Just as I was setting up the scope the fog rolled in.  Eventually, i will get a clear night.  I'm glad to hear that you are having good luck with your Edge scope.   I look forward to taking some photographs too.  I have a Canon 1100d that i will start with.  I also have Nebulosity and plan to get pHD too as soon as I buy an auto guider. What auto guider do you use? 

Tim

Hi Tim

You may/may not be interested in this video (This is 1 of 4 in total from set up to processing) I found it very informative and a great help even just the setting up although you may be more advanced in you setting up and AP.

Love my Edge HD 8 I get lovely views of DSO's and Jupiter looked amazing. The AVX mount took me a bit of time to get used to it and to get it set up correctly.

Regards and clear skies

• 1 month later...

Hello Tim,

I'm sure if you purchase a 9.25 " , you'll be able to capture amazing images.

The CGEM mount is really smooth but can compare as this is my first telescope. I purchased a Kendrick system (Dew heater and battery) which works like a charm. Key for SCT.

I've now got an adapter for my GOTO controller and use Stellarium to control my mount.

Clear Skies!

David

Archived