NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good DSLR processing video.

ollypenrice

Just a heads up to a link posted in Droogie 2001's thread asking about Registar. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/246659-anyone-use-registar/#entry2682991

The Tony Hallas video might be a huge help to those imaging with DSLRs. I don't believe Registar is really needed to follow Tony's method, as I say later in the thread. What was new to me was the idea that you need to do a super-dither to get rid of what he calls 'colour mottle.'  He suggests a dither of several pixels whereas many dither routines are much smaller than that. It's a convincing point.

I've started this thread just to make the Tony Hallas video more visible to anyone doing DSLR imaging.

Olly

The programmes I've seen seem to default to much less than that but for DSLR I'm sure you're right.

Olly

I guess the amount needed and the effect will be different for different fov's/resolutions. But making sure you pick a sufficient amount is absolutely necessary of course. 

Archived