SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PCyg over 10 days!

Hi guys

I`ve been checking PCyg quite frequently and finding its spectrum pretty consistent with constant Hydrogen, Neon and Helium emission lines which seem to vary little from night to night . Excellent star to observe!

post-15973-0-83425100-1434394748_thumb.p

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

You might be interested in a campaign on P Cyg that Ernst Pollman has been running for many years. The strength of the H alpha line has varied considerably over that  timescale, though you have to be careful in interpreting it as the overall brightness of P Cygni also varies causing  the strength of emission lines relative to the continuum to appear to vary even though they are constant in flux terms. (Ernst has been able to approximately corrected for this to determine the underlying true variability which appears to be periodic) You can see some of the results of the campaign on Ernst's website here (item 8)

http://www.astrospectroscopy.de/kontakt.html

See you and hopefully others in Sidmouth :-)

Robin

John- Yes managed to persuade SWMBO to combine it with a short break with the caravan down there  :kiss:  . I was even thinking of the spectro meet in France in Aug/Sept time but maybe have to wait until next year for that one!.

Robin-Yes I`ve sent Ernst a couple of PCyg fits in the past, I didn`t know it was on going so will contact him!

Hopefully see you in Sidmouth! (many questions to ask :grin: )

cheers

Steve

• 1 year later...

Archived