Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MEADE 100* EPs REVIEW....

post-15801-0-12041400-1431370841_thumb.j

After 2 nights of observing with good to excellent seeing.... This is my REVIEW of the 14mm XWA and the 21mm MWA Eyepieces....

In my 12" DOB

POWERS

21mm      71x    (barlowed)  142X

14mm     107X  (barlowed)   214X

DARK SKY SITE

Globulars   M3    M5    M13    M4     

The 14mm MEADE XWA  (barlowed) @ 214......   Incredible, the SKY was so BLACK and the Globulars showed so many individual stars that I just couldn't believe it... the most beautiful views that I have ever seen.....the BRIGHTEST individual stars, they were seen vividly... made this old observer very happy.... also at this power.... M57 and surrounding stars was a real treat....

The  14mm  107X....   views of all objects were very nice.....

The 21mm MEADE MWA  71X....   The LAGOON......  M27    M6    M7   The OMEGA NEB   ALBIREO    M11    just  incredible.......

The 21mm  (barlowed)  142X   M82.....  Fantastic...  M51  easily visible .... M104   Very nice

The EOFB was barely noticeable in THE DARK SKY......

When viewing the Globulars , I didn't  notice the effect at all....

I really feel that these EPs are Quite AWESOME,   The last 2 observing sessions, they are the ONLY 2 EPs that I was using... THE VIEWS ARE THAT GOOD....

And they will probably be the only EPs that I need....

Mark

The 21mm is 27.5 oz   ... I have a VELCRO strip down the back of the Scope... I have a 5# and two 2.5# weights... I set them along the back of the Telescope as needed...

The MEADE 100* EPs are my Favorite 2 EPs....  I have a RADIAN 4 ... for when the seeing is excellent and SATURN is Spectacular with the RADIAN 4...

I think that MEADE has GOT IT RIGHT with all of their 5000 Series EPs.... The UWA and SWA line is also a very good quality Eyepiece Line....

Mark

Archived