NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Astro-Tech 10" Dob

Astro-Tech are a bit rare over here in the UK - we had one distributer that never actually held any stock, so they never sold any, bit strange :eek:  - that one distributer did however mean AT would not sell to the UK you had to go to their distributer. I know from wanting a scope of theirs.

I cannot think of seeing anyone advertising and therefore selling AT Dobsonians.

Other then an opinion of appeareance that is about it, it does however look as if some thought has been applied.

Cannot say I know the source, most will purchase a standard dobsonian and then have some customisation applied so likely Longprng, UO, GSO or other Chinese source.

One of the US members may have one and wander along later, still a bit early for any to be around presently. This 5 to 8 hour time difference creating that.

If the scope is a branded item then maybe someone here will see the dobsonian linked to have one from the same source under whatever name and so comment on it.

As best I know Astro-Tech as a company are pretty good, I think they are the astronomy equipment arm of one of the US retailers - try Astronomics, have a feeling Astrononmics = Astro Tech, may be wrong on the retailer. They are I think initially responsible for the Paradigm and therefore the BST Starguiders (same and very good eyepieces) they also now have some 72 degree eyepieces and a reasonable range of good refractors. They seem to have aimed at the "budget" end but sort of the premium end of the budget end - does that make sense.? I can see no reason why this is not carried over to the Dobsonians.

Cannot locate a maker of a 10" f/4.9 mirror, so still no idea of the original source. Sure I have read of one some time in the past.

Archived