NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Laptop specs for guiding...

Hi All,

Thanks all for your replies. It was very helpful to know that you can get away with a fairly low spec and fairly cheap machine, especially if it is only used for astro guiding and capture.

Now a confession!  Since posting this, I discovered, by chance really, a shop in Belgium (AST optics) that still has some Lacerta MGEN in stock at a price much cheaper than the UK. This was my first option, I only thought about laptops because the Lacerta was not available for several months and I had been persuaded away from the Baader LVI by a guy from Teleskop Express who got me to agree to the Lacerta, which it then transpired he couldn't provide! A convoluted story but the upshot is that I don't need a laptop just now as I ordered a Lacerta MGEN, a 50mm orion mini guidescope and a power tank (with 3 year warranty!) from AST optics this morning. Fingers crossed for the delivery and heres hoping it will take my photography to the next level!

So although I don't need a laptop now, thanks anyway for for your thoughts and I'm sure the thread will be of help to lots of people, and me in the future!

Cheers, Tim. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived