NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

April 29, 2015: VERY hazy view sans filaprom

The morning started clear, so I set up the solar scope (Solar Spectrum + APM 80), and hoped for some good skies after breakfast. Alas, haze drew in just as the sun cleared the hedge. I could get some murky views of a clear space where the big filaprom was. The contrast wasn't good enough to see if the channel beneath it was still visible. The long filament to its south-east is still going strong however. The patch on  the north-eastern limb I spotted yesterday has grown int an angry looking tangle of low proms. Some AR is definitely lurking there. The departing AR on the southwestern limb is alsi showing off some proms.

I decided against imaging through this haze, and packed in the scope to cycle off to work. Once the scope was packed, the haze started to lift, of course. I might get another look with the SM-II 60 which is currently in my office.

Archived