Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OSX + Nebulosity + Atik 16IC-c

niknak

Right.....

Got PHD2 to accept the correct ChipID using the method you state so some small progress.

I now get a white window inside the normally black window of PHD2 (see below)

I asked it to log before starting so I have emailed you the most current log file just now.

phd2window.jpg

I: 553dea0c.8c532 : Using FTDIChipID 0x1a54f5c9 for serial number 'A3001QH8'

D: 553dea0c.8c54d : CameraState transitioning from 16842757 to 1.
D: 553dea0c.8c54e : CameraState transitioning from 1 to 0.
D: 553dea0c.90dce : ReadUSB 1 bytes to read
I: 553dea0c.90de4 : VUSBID ok (FTDI ChipID was accepted by camera)
D: 553dea0c.90e73 : ++ Identified: ART: 0403 df36 'A3001QH8' ++

So that's good :)

Now the next step is trying to work out why you're getting white - it may be down to the colour and debayering. The drivers give OpenPHD2 the raw image, so OpenPHD2 will need to debayer.

Also on nebulosity you'll need to convert the number from hex into normal decimal (there was a problem with the widget thing last time I heard). So under the ATIK 16IC chip id field in the nebulosity settings - use "441775561" instead of 0x1a54f5c9.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big progress ...... (yay) but still not there.

I have now placed the ChipID into Neb 4.

It only works by removing the 0x at the start of the code 

0x1A54F5C9 just needs inputting as 1A54F5C9.

Once this was done I set a small capture series of 5 x 1s exposures with a 1s interval.

The output of five FITS files is further than I've ever got - so some progress at least.

Now if we can just get ExampleApp to work ...........

The public Example App is running an old version of the drivers :) However it should still work.

Now.. I have a version of ExampleApp that's running the latest drivers.. but it's also got a load of realtime stacking attached ;)

Once this week is out the way and I have some idea on the job interview feedback, I'll see what I can do about the ExampleApp :)

Archived