32 mm EP - which one

fredman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, that eyecup thing on the EP, what is it for?

The eyecup should nestle gently around your eye. It helps keep stray light off the top lens of the eyepiece and to quickly find the right eye placement to see the whole field of view. If you wear glasses when observing the eyecup is probably best in it's lowest position. If you don't wear glasses to observe (like me) the uppermost position seems to work best. You twist the top of the eyepiece / eyecup to move it in or out then "click" it into position.

I assume we are talking about the Vixen 30mm here !

The eyecup should nestle gently around your eye. It helps keep stray light off the top lens of the eyepiece and to quickly find the right eye placement to see the whole field of view. If you wear glasses when observing the eyecup is probably best in it's lowest position. If you don't wear glasses to observe (like me) the uppermost position seems to work best. You twist the top of the eyepiece / eyecup to move it in or out then "click" it into position.

I assume we are talking about the Vixen 30mm here !

Yep, i am.

I read that this EP was good for Afoca AP and i thought that the eyecup had anything to do with it

Archived