Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registax 6 and AVI issue

I posted this on the general forum, but perhaps it is better placed here.

I want to process some Solar H-alpha AVI video files in Registax 6.  Camera is a DMK-21 -- I think it's the AU618 -- will have to go out to the barn to look if it becomes important.  I have done this many times before, but today not all files are loading correctly.

Here's what I have done with partial success in the past:

1.  I'm taking the native AVI files and running them through VirtualDub

2.  Save as OLD AVI file

3.  Open in Registax 6 and process.

The issue is that some files show up with 3 smaller solar images, instead of one larger image (see attached screen shot).  I had this issue earlier, before using VirtualDub to save in Old AVI format, but now the issue is back again.   Large file size does not seem to be the issue.  I was able to load and process a few files today from the same camera and imaging session that were over 2.7 GB, and the images that won't load correctly are under 1GB.  Color me confused.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Clear skies,

Brad Vietje

Northern VT, USA

Attached Thumbnails

post-43455-0-40629900-1427327358_thumb.j

Well, it seems the issue resolved itself.  Today I was able to open the AVI files and process them, as usual.  Not sure what I changed (?).  Maybe just a restart of the computer forced a reset of Registax?

post-43455-0-77116700-1427406258.jpg

Archived