Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registax 6 and Old AVI -- Codec Issue ?

BVietje

I want to process some Solar H-alpha AVI video files in Registax 6.  Camera is a DMK-21 -- I think it's the AU618 -- will have to go out to the barn to look if it becomes important.  I have done this many times before, but today not all files are loading correctly.

Here's what I have done with partial success in the past:

1.  I'm taking the native AVI files and running them through VirtualDub

2.  Save as OLD AVI file

3.  Open in Registax 6 and process.

The issue is that some files show up with 3 smaller solar images, instead of one larger image (see attached screen shot).  I had this issue earlier, before using VirtualDub to save in Old AVI format, but now the issue is back again.  It might be related to file size & # of frames -- I will check this on the files that seem to load OK.

If I'm exceeding the file size limits, I don't know how to chop the files up, and then put them back together again.  That may not be needed, either;  I'm trying for still images, not video, though it might be cool to compress the AVI file and export a smaller file as an MP4 video file.  I'd have to learn how to do that, too.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Clear skies,

Brad Vietje

Northern VT, USA

post-43455-0-58685900-1427326887_thumb.j

OOPS -- newbie issue.  I wanted to go back and edit that, but didn;t know how.

File size is NOT the issue.  Some of the AVI files that loaded fine, and were processed without issue were over 2 GB, but the ones that load in the unusual triplet view ate under 1 GB.

Thank you kindly,

Brad

Archived