NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

howa eyepieces

I've been offered some eyepieces, namely howa or.17mm, and .58mm. I've tried google but can't seem to find anything about them. Any ideas guys? Plus a 3 times barlow.. I have a 2x so would it be worth it?

Thanks in advance

I would suspect they are for a spotting scope and that they could be threaded to fit the Howa scopes.

I would suggest that you take a look before deciding.

Howa are pretty good if the eyepieces are suitable, it will also depend on what the eyepieces are - plossl or whatever.

Hi I have seen pictures and they definitely have that spelling on the lense itself. Offer is to buy with the top part of the eq mount. I bought some lenses and part of a mount ( just the legs) off a lady a week ago, I've made an adapter so my scope fits on the tripod but I would like the rest...

Thoughts?

1. Assuming the 45deg diagonal is 1.25inches, are the eyepieces 0.965inch? If 'Yes!' then you will need an adaptor to fit your 'scope. Modern 'scopes are primarily 1.25 or 2.00inch.

2. Ortho's often have a narrower feild of view compared to Plossl's.

3. Don't know what the smaller eyepieces are.

4. I would not be inclined to use the Barlow.

5a. £30.00 - unless it was an 'old lady' of my mothers age, then maybe ok...

5b. ...any younger than my mother, over-priced! - apologies for sounding ageist and sexist.

If you got all that for £30.00GBP including an EQ mount then you did get a bargain..

So for the final questions...

1. What EQ mount is it?

2. What 'scope/OTA are you using?

3. Are 'we' going to see more photos?

...and I take back the 'ageist and sexist' comment.

Archived