NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Polar Finder

I'm not sure this is in the correct section, but here goes.

I have a new CG5 Equatorial Mount and a Celestrion Polar Finder Scope which I notice inverts the image and tuns it back to front as well.

The question is that I am using the Software Polar Finder which shows the position Polaris should be moved to to obtain NCP. Does this software take into consideration the image turnabouts. that is should I move Polaris to the shown position on the diagrams.

The reason I ask is that I am still getting unacceptable movement of stars etc after setting my Mount this way.

Robin

• 7 months later...

Hi Robin

I know how you feel! I was searching the forum for info on the polar scope use and haven't had a lot of luck. What is totally confusing me is the proper position of the meridian indicator prior to all the other RA and Date dial adjustments - the Celestron instructions make NO sense! LOL! As for the Polar Finder software - if that's the same free program that I've got I think you'll find it's oriented correctly as you should see it in the finder scope - I think I saw that info in the readme file that came with the program. If you've had any luck using this finder scope let me know how you did it! LOL!

David

Archived